Since essential oils have come into my life, I use them for a variety of things. But one new way I’m using essential oils is to help me stay more productive during the day as I’m creating content and working my network marketing business.
Why Use Essential Oils?
I use essential oils in my home now because they are natural and free of the chemicals in so many products nowadays. My primary way I use essential oils when I’m trying to work is diffused. When you smell an oil, cilia and receptor cells in the olfactory organ send signals to your brain that can have effects on your breathing, memories and emotions among other things. When we think about it, it makes sense. Going home and smelling your mom’s chocolate chip cookies evokes memories of your childhood and happiness.
Most aromatherapists believe you can develop a tolerance to certain smells so it’s good to change your diffuser combos regularly. And essential oils are definitely not one-sized fits all. I have been using essential oils for 2 years now and some oils work better for me than others. My best recommendation is to keep trying essential oils until you find one that works for you.
My Top 5 Essential Oils For Productivity
- Lemon- lemon essential oil can help keep you feeling positive and keep you on task. Another way I use lemon essential oil is in cleaning. It smells very fresh and energizing.
- Peppermint- peppermint essential oil can help boost your energy and may keep you concentrating on the task at hand. You can also use peppermint oil for digestive support.
- Rosemary- rosemary essential oil can help support the nervous system and helps keep you focused.
- Clary Sage- clary sage may not be the oil you are expecting to see on this list but I love this oil for emotional support. It is great for keeping you in the zone.
- Lemon Myrtle- my new favorite. It smells very similar to lemon but according the book Releasing Emotional Patterns With Essential Oils it can help you with feelings of procrastination. Lemon Myrtle smells very clean and keeps me alert.
Want To Learn More?
Tonight (November 10) I am hosting an Essential Oils 101 Facebook class. We will cover more oils not listed here, how they will be used to keep you and your family above the wellness line this winter. This class is for you if:
- You are wanting to find chemical-free options to use for your cleaning or beauty products.
- You are curious about essential oils and how they can help you and your family stay above the wellness line this winter.
- It’s been a while since you used essential oils and would like a refresher.
Already ready to take the oily leap – you can join with my favorite essential oil company here.
So tell me in the comments- what do you do to stay productive during the day?
- Please note: The link above is an affiliate referral so if you purchase from the link, I receive a small commission. This commission is used to help me expand this site more and offer more to this community.