I love social media and in the last year I have come across some great influencers that constantly provide value, inspire and encourage me to keep doing what I’m doing. So I wanted to take a post and share who I follow so that you can follow them too.
What Are Social Media Influencers?
For me, a social media influencer is someone who has a strong online presence, they are documented in their area of expertise as someone who delivers results and they consistently give back to the community. They are people who other influencers consider experts in their niche as well. Chances are if you see the same names being referred to over and over again- this is someone you want to follow.
An influencer is available and engaged with their audience, they don’t just sit up in their towers with their sales and stats and pass down forecasts and what you need to do next. They reach out to their audience and consistently encourage and inspire people around them.
A Few Of My Favorites
- Amy Schmittauer of Savvy Sexy Social– I first found Amy on Periscope via #ScopePassSunday .Amy rocks because she breaks down social media, blogging and branding into these amazing short videos which bring the value 3x a week. I love Amy because she gives you steps to rock your business as soon as you finish her videos. She also has a coaching group that I am a part of called Social Authority which has really helped me take my blog to the next level.
- Sue B Zimmerman – Known as the Instagram Expert, Sue B gives a ton of value weekly on pretty much every platform out there. She is fabulous, easy to follow and loves Instagram so much she makes you love Instagram too. She walks you through all of the things you didn’t know about Instagram like geotags and choosing the right hashtags for your business. She just taught a Creative Live class on social media that was seriously one of the best, most thorough classes I have ever attended on social media.
- Rebekah Radice– Rebekah Radice is the Chief Marketing Officer for Post Planner and blogs about all things social media. What I appreciate about Rebekah so much is that her posts are full of practical tips and suggestions that help you improve your social media as soon as you finish. It is no surprise that she was named one of the top social media blogs by Social Media Examiner for 2015. She is excellent at branding and visual marketing so if you are looking to step up your game, she is the person you are looking for.
- iSocialFanz – Also known as Brian Fanzo, he delivers such a strong message of community and engagement in whatever venture you are in. He is super active on Twitter and live streaming. The thing I appreciate about Brian the most is that he encourages his followers to think like fans and he is also super passionate about social media and not afraid to speak his mind.
- Peg Fitzpatrick– I am a super big fan of anyone who is great at visual marketing and Peg’s blog is one of my favorites when I’m looking for ideas on how to improve my graphics. Peg covers so much more than this though and she touches on time-saving tips, book reviews, and blog tutorials (to name a few). I love her writing, she always seems super approachable and breaks things down so well. She has an AMAZING Pinterest profile full of tips on all things social media so you will want to check her out there.
So there’s just a few of the people I follow and read regularly- I want to give a special shoutout to Allison with the blog Wonderlass who is offering FREE styled photos on her blog right now. I love her style and her blog- and the pictures are awesome, aren’t they? Hop on over to her blog and show her some love for providing these photos for free (if you’ve priced out stock photos you know just how valuable this is).
So tell me in the comments- who do you turn to for social media tips and tricks? What would you like to learn more about in 2020?