Post promotion is one of the blogger’s biggest challenges. Trying to find the right mix of social media posting and general networking can be a huge struggle for bloggers in their early days. Most (like me) start out and do a majority of their promotions in Facebook groups with other bloggers. But if Facebook groups isn’t your thing and you are looking for a way to think outside the promotional box, what options do you have for getting your posts in front of other people?
Post Promotion Tip #1- Video
It’s always a good idea to shake things up with your blog and try something new. Did you know that YouTube is the second largest search engine online? And it is also owned by Google (the #1 search engine)? So think of using YouTube on your blog as a 1-2 punch to Google search success.
Your YouTube video doesn’t have to be long (in fact it will generally do better the shorter it is). Look at your video as a complement to your blog- we all have different ways of learning and processing information. Adding a video gives you an opportunity to reach someone else in a different way.
Some ideas for creating a video with your blog post:
- Cover a tutorial.
- Give a brief summary of your posts.
- Give a review of a product you actually own.
Post Promotion Tip #2- Periscope
Periscope- Periscope is a live streaming video app that you download on your mobile device. You can broadcast at any time from anywhere and viewers can tune in live to join you and interact. Periscope is great for bloggers because you can offer your viewer a behind the scenes look at your blog and offer them a chance to get to know you a little better.
Some ideas to promote your posts via Periscope:
- Do a live Q and A on a topic that is in your niche.
- Do a content upgrade on a recent blog post (go more in-depth on your topic).
- Promote your upcoming post or webinar on a live scope.
Major brands are joining the live streaming platform everyday check out How Brands Are Paving The Way For Periscope Marketing to see how they are using Periscope to increase their audience.
Post Promotion Tip #3- Snapchat
Snapchat is another social media platform you may not think of when it comes to blog promotion but it can be really helpful to attract readers. Here’s why:
- If your blog’s ideal reader is 18-24, chances are your readers are on snapchat.
- Most social media influencers are predicting that snapchat will be even bigger in 2016 than it was in 2015.
- Major brands are jumping in to the game whether it’s via sponsored filters or running their own account.
Some ideas to use snapchat for your blog:
- Use snapchat to encourage your followers to follow you on other platforms (such as your next periscope).
- Deliver exclusive content like a coupon code on snapchat.
- Give readers an inside look to you and your life.
Post Promotion Tip #4- Instagram
Instagram is mainly known as a visual platform but it can still be very powerful when you use it to drive traffic to your site. You can do this in a number of ways:
- Make sure your website is on your profile. Chances are if people are interested and interact with your profile enough- they will go visit your site.
- Use video (Instagram will let you make short videos) to preview your new posts or offer value to your Instagram followers.
- Make a graphic promoting your new post (link up to your post in your profile).
Post Promotion Tip #5- blab.im
blab.im is one of the new kids on the block in regards to live streaming. blab is similar to Google Hangouts but is a little more interactive- a blab features up to 4 on camera guests and a chat window where viewers can ask questions and interact with the hosts.
You can record blabs and actually repurpose blabs for a variety of platforms such as Youtube/blogs/podcasts. blab is a great place to promote yourself because you can find influencers in your niche, build relationships and eventually drive them to your site.
The Key To Post Promotion
No matter what platform you choose to promote your posts- calling the action is KEY to getting your desired results. Calling the action is really simple- it is telling your reader what action you want them to take clearly so they will actually do it.
Especially with using video- calling the action and getting them to “subscribe” to your channel, sign up for updates or sharing the scope with a friend is the only way to get someone to take the next step to engaging with you more.
So tell me in the comments- what’s your best tip for promoting your posts outside of Facebook? Have you ever used live-streaming?